Thursday, August 26, 2010
Media for Thursday
- Nobody understands why I can't watch horror movies. Allie does. (Hyperbole and a Half)
- Adventures in Sass: Lady Gaga gets JUDGED by Crystal Precious
The perennial debate - Lady Gaga: Art or Shitty Pop? Seems like CP thinks both.(The Real Crystal Precious)
- A Handy Guide to Knowing Your Muppet Names (The Daily Wh.at)
I think maybe I watched these two too much as a kid. I still deeply identify with them.
- Covert Operations: The billionaire brothers who are waging a war against Obama.
by Jane Mayer
So this is where the Tea Baggers are getting all their money! This is the kind of reporting that I want to do. This is the gold crown right here. (The New Yorker)
- Dear god. This is more sad than anything. This guy tried out for Canadian Idol and now he's been arrested for trying to blow something up. Except maybe it was a joke?
- The raging controversy over the “Ground Zero Mosque” is quintessentially American: free of facts and logic and unapologetically exploitative of emotional issues in the tradition of bare-knuckled partisan politics; yet also an occasion for responsible leaders to call on fellow Americans to live up to their highest ideals, despite the lingering trauma of 9/11 and the ravages of an economic crisis. (Toronto Star)